Hurrah!! Saturday is here!
It wasn't long ago that my days were muddled and mixed together and now they never are. Its one of the perks of the school year. I NEVER forget a weekend. Our first full week in school went well.
My boys powered through kindergarten without a problem. This, to me, was a great relief. For the longest time I feared having to teach another child with Dyslexia.
Last week I discovered my patience. Its been missing since last march. I'm not sure where exactly it went, but its back. (just in time too)
This Friday was our first outing. It was a picnic at the park. Not many families showed up. Considering the fact it was raining all morning, I don't blame them. By the time we got to the park the rain had ceased, leaving overcast skies. Two other families and my girls teacher from last year chatted as the kids raced around the castle. Greg was able to come too,...he was also racing around the castle. I was grateful to meet another mom and pick her brain about schooling etc. The outings are closer to home this year and I think I will make more effort to attend.
My baby dell computer gave me the blue screen of death. For all non-computer nerds out there, this means something is wrong and you need to clean off your computer and re-install the programs and then hope it works. Since we use the computer for school I couldn't have the chance of it dying so as much as I didn't want to I ordered a new (regular sized) one from CCostco.
Today I am going to check my garden and see if I have enough cucumbers to make pickles. Its such a s-l-o-w growing year. Last year at this time everything was nearly done producing. Funny.
It feels so much like fall! This morning I woke to shotgun noise..also very fall-ish.
3 comments:
We played at geography this morning, because I hung some wall maps on, you guessed it, the wall.
I too may join you soon in looking forward to weekends but for now we're still pretending it's vacation time.
We thought we planted all our stuff early this year, but with such a cold spring/early summer it's just barely ready now! I hope it doesn't frost too soon...
And yeah, now that Brian's back in school I have an easier time remembering what day of the week it is! :)
Your baby dell was so cute. Sorry to hear of it's health issues. What kind of pickles are you wanting to make? I finally picked some green beans from our garden last week. Hope to find some more this week. The sun is supposed to shine - hope so.
Love to you.
Post a Comment